- Ben Lynch is the Founder and Managing Partner of Cleantech Capital Advisors Limited, a firm he established in 2012.
- Ben has 30 years of financial, strategic, operational and technical experience in dynamic, high-growth and technology-oriented industries, globally. He has worked in the financial services sector since 1997, always associated with technology companies.
- Prior to founding CleanTech Capital Advisors, he was most recently an MD equity analyst covering the Renewables and Cleantech sectors from 2009-11 (Commerzbank). He worked closely with the firm’s debt finance team on bond offerings for SolarWorld and Nordex. From 2006-2008 Ben headed Deutsche Bank’s European Technology & CleanTech corporate finance team, lifting the ranking from #9 in 2005 to #2 in 2007. Landmark deals include the largest technology LBO (NXP, €4.5bn), and first technology sector Eurobond offering (ASML, €600m). Transactions with his involvement in the CleanTech sector included: Bosch’s €1.1bn purchase of Ersol (2008) and SMA Solar’s €360m IPO (2008).
- Ben covered technology and semiconductor stocks as an equity analyst for Deutsche Bank for 9 years, in London (1997-2002) and New York (2002-2006). He had a key role in the largest ever European technology IPO (Infineon, €6.1bn) and numerous other IPO and secondary offerings. Ben began his career in 1988 as a semiconductor process development engineer at Integrated Device Technology (San Jose, California), followed by a stint as European marketing manager at Toshiba Semiconductors (Düsseldorf, Germany) and then as a Strategy Consultant for the Boston Consulting Group (Paris).
- Ben is Irish, and speaks French fluently and German competently. He gained a First from Trinity College Dublin in Electronic Engineering (1988, thesis on photovoltaics) and an MBA (1995, with Distinction) from INSEAD.