Focused Expertise in Cleantech and Resource Efficiency
Despite ongoing sector challenges, CCA was established with the conviction that there is a large number of very exciting emerging companies and investment opportunities in the Cleantech & Resource Efficiency sector.
Our team of professionals has extensive experience advising companies across the entire cleantech and resource efficiency spectrum on strategy, capital raising and M&A.
The capabilities of our in-house team are complemented by a broad strategic partnership network of relevant industry experts, covering policy, technology, R&D and markets (“Associate Partners”).
We have cooperation agreements with like-minded advisory firms in the project and project finance domains as well as corporate finance specialists on other continents (“Network Partners”).
- Ben Lynch is the Founder and Managing Partner of Cleantech Capital Advisors Limited, a firm he established in 2012.
- Ben has 25 years of financial, strategic, operational and technical experience in dynamic, high-growth and technology-oriented industries, globally. He has worked in the financial services sector since 1997, always associated with technology companies.
- Prior to founding Cleantech Capital Advisors, he was most recently an MD equity analyst covering the Renewables and Cleantech sectors from 2009-11 (Commerzbank). He worked closely with the firm’s debt finance team on bond offerings for SolarWorld and Nordex. From 2006-2008 Ben headed Deutsche Bank’s European Technology & Cleantech corporate finance team, lifting the ranking from #9 in 2005 to #2 in 2007. Landmark deals include the largest technology LBO (NXP, €4.5bn), and first technology sector Eurobond offering (ASML, €600m). Transactions with his involvement in the cleantech sector included: Bosch’s €1.1bn purchase of Ersol (2008) and SMA Solar’s €360m IPO (2008).
- Ben covered technology and semiconductor stocks as an equity analyst for Deutsche Bank for 9 years, in London (1997-2002) and New York (2002-2006). He had a key role in the largest ever European technology IPO (Infineon, €6.1bn) and numerous other IPO and secondary offerings. Ben began his career in 1988 as a semiconductor process development engineer at Integrated Device Technology (San Jose, California), followed by a stint as European marketing manager at Toshiba Semiconductors (Düsseldorf, Germany) and then as a Strategy Consultant for the Boston Consulting Group (Paris).
- Ben is Irish, and speaks French fluently and German competently. He gained a First from Trinity College Dublin in Electronic Engineering (1988, thesis on photovoltaics) and an MBA (1995, with Distinction) from INSEAD.
- Darshana Tissera has been working with Cleantech Capital Advisors as a Vice President since 2012.
- Prior to starting with CCA, since 2007 Darshana worked and lived in the Middle East, originally as a financial analyst for one of the largest retail & real estate establishments in Saudi Arabia, and more recently as corporate valuation analyst for Arabsat, the largest fixed service satellite service provider in the MENA region and #10 globally.
- Previously Darshana worked as a sell-side equity research analyst in Colombo, Sri Lanka and also as an accountant for a US-based software development company, handling budgeting, forecasting & financial analysis work.
- Darshana is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant of the Institute of Chartered Management Accountants, London, UK since 2001. He earned his MBA from the Postgraduate Institute of Management (PIM), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka in 2008.
- Roshni joined Cleantech Capital Advisors as Vice President in 2017. Prior to joining CCA, Roshni worked at an international cleantech-focused investment banking firm, where she was responsible for origination and execution of M&A transactions and private placements for clients across all geographies.
- Roshni brings her cross-border transaction experience helping investors and larger corporations optimise their business portfolio, as well as leading innovative companies towards value-added partnerships with strategic and financial investors. Passionate about Cleantech and Resource Efficiency, Roshni is dedicated to promote environmental-friendly and resource-efficient technologies, utilising a full range of capital and financing alternatives in support of client objectives.
- Roshni is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and is a candidate for ACA qualification from The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. She received her Bachelor’s degree with distinction, where she concentrated in Finance, Taxation and Accounting. Whilst studying for her CA qualification, she worked at various accounting firms, where she had in depth exposure to project financing, accounting and regulatory matters.
- As well as being an Associate Partner of Cleantech Capital Advisors, Glenn Halliday is Managing Director of Flemington Partners, a leading consultancy to the oil & gas and alternative energy sectors, with particular expertise in the delivery of mega and major capital projects as well as developing safety cultures in ‘high hazard industries’.
- Prior to establishing Flemington Partners, Glenn held leadership roles within ‘mega project’ delivery organisations in the oil & gas sector, and has worked at or with major global energy concerns, including BP, Shell and Chevron.
- Glenn holds an MBA from the University of Strathclyde and a BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Abertay Dundee.
- Glenn is deeply engaged with ethical and charitable causes.
- As well as being an Associate Partner of Cleantech Capital Advisors, Gabor Molnar has been Managing Partner at Molnar International, an international corporate finance advisory firm, since 2009.
- He possesses over 20 years of experience advising corporate clients, underwriters and lenders on corporate finance and M&A transactions, including private equity, leveraged finance and liability management transactions; public and private cross-border acquisitions and business combinations; global equity and debt offerings; privatizations; public company compliance, such as public disclosure, corporate governance and internal controls.
- Gabor is a qualified lawyer in New York and England & Wales, having formerly been a Partner at White & Case (London and Johannesburg from July 2007 to March 2009), counsel at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison (London 2007), associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison and Shearman & Sterling (in London 1997 to 2006 and in New York from 1995 to 1997). Gabor has British and Hungarian citizenship.